Thursday, January 17, 2008

image by tanya goodwin

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.

William Henry Channing
quote found via {A}

I'm interested in making a bench like this...with as little hardware as possible. The other day I found a little table in a similar style which I'd like to refinish.

1 comment:

Windlost said...

P., funny but I posted that on my website some time ago. I have a lot of work to do, but what an incredible aspiration...T.
Your idea for a table sounds achievable and amazing!