- you spend the night at a friend's house
- this friend is very attached to her son, a dog whose qualities i must admit are outstanding
- the dog sleeps on the floor by the bed
- the dog unfortunately ate something strange while visiting friends
- the dog's intestinal track reacts by emitting, from the lower end, stink bombs of the most overpowering strength.
- you try to press the blanket to your nose, and only partly succeed in hiding from the all-reaching power of the poopy-scented molecules invading all corners of the room.
- you are too tired to think of the very rational thought of sleeping in the bathtub, with the door closed.
Monday, May 22, 2006
the night before last, i suffered a very new type of insomnia. it's the type that happens when: