1. School's back in session. Caught back in the turning week of the weeks that follow one another.
2. I created a blog with pictures of things that inspire me. Here. I named it analysis and synthesis, inspired by a Fourier Analysis class where we take functions apart and put them back together. Well, this is not math related, but the idea was to try to find what it is that inspires me in the pictures.
3. I've been reading. Just now: Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse. Before: The Solace of Open Spaces by Gretel Erlich. Before that: The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap, by Wendy Welch.
4. We watched Tokyo Story, right before my parents visited. Weird timing.
5. I'm using my sharpened chisels on scraps of to make a practice table leg joint.
6. The more sketches I make of furniture and joinery, the more inspired I am to make simple crates and peg boards for the wall. When I saw this picture (source), my heart became happy. So simple! So lovely!